The way you vote at your polling station is changing...
20 Feb 2023
From May 2023 new UK government legislation contained within the Elections Act 2022 means all voters voting in person at the polling station will need to provide photographic identification before being issued with your ballot paper.
Please see below for accepted forms of identification.
If you do not have one of the accepted forms of identification you may apply for a free Voter Authority Certificate at www.gov.uk/apply-for-photoid-voter-authority-certificate Please visit our website at www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/voterID for more information or email us at email@example.com or call 01263 513811 Postal Votes You DO NOT need to provide photographic ID if you have a POSTAL VOTE. For more information and if you wish to apply for a postal vote please visit our website to download an application form or request one by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01263 513811 or collect a form from our Cromer or Fakenham offices.
Please act now to: ENSURE YOU EITHER HAVE ONE OF THE ACCEPTED FORMS OF PHOTOGRAPHIC ID LISTED OVERLEAF OR YOU COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FOR A FREE VOTER AUTHORITY CERTIFICATE BEFORE THE DEADLINE OF 5PM ON TUESDAY 25TH APRIL 2023 OR YOU APPLY FOR A POSTAL VOTE BEFORE THE DEADLINE OF 5PM ON TUESDAY 18TH APRIL 2023
The accepted forms of photographic identification are:
• a passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state, or a Commonwealth country
• a driving licence issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or an EEA state
• a biometric immigration document
• an identity card bearing the Proof of Age Standards Scheme hologram (a PASS card)
• a Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card)
• a Blue Badge • a national identity card issued by an EEA state
• an Older Person’s Bus Pass
• a Disabled Person’s Bus Pass
• an Oyster 60+ Card
• a Freedom Pass
• a Scottish National Entitlement Card issued in Scotland
• a 60 and Over Welsh Concessionary Travel Card issued in Wales
• a Disabled Person’s Welsh Concessionary Travel Card issued in Wales
• a Senior SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
• a Registered Blind SmartPass or Blind Person’s SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
• a War Disablement SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
• a 60+ SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
• a Half Fare SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
• an Electoral Identity Card issued in Northern Ireland
EXPIRED DOCUMENTS ARE SUITABLE PROVIDING THE PHOTOGRAPH IS A TRUE LIKENESS