Job Vacancy - We are advertising for a new Administrative Assistant position within Fakenham Town Council. Closing Date 29th October 2023
5 Oct 2023
Fakenham Town Council
Salary – Banding to be benchmarked to reflect candidate experience and qualifications.
Location – Fakenham Town Council, Fakenham Connect, Oak Street, Fakenham, NR21 9DY plus other occasional locations as required.
Hours – 37 per week
Closing date for applications – 23:00pm Sunday 29thOctober 2023
Applications should form a covering letter of no more than 250 words as well as current CV.
The person filling this role will be representing the town council to the public. Therefore, it is important to understand that, when dealing with the public, there is an 'ambassadorial' element to the job. Politeness, discretion, and tolerance are qualities frequently needed when handling enquiries or complaints.
The post holder will assist the Clerk and Deputy Clerk in providing efficient administrative support to the Council in the following areas:
· To deal effectively with general queries from members of the public
· Preparing agendas and supporting documentation for monthly Council meetings.
· To attend meetings appropriate to the responsibility of the post as required from time to time (sometimes outside normal working hours).
· To assist with the planning and delivery of projects.
· Website and social media updates as required.
· Cemetery management - Completing and inputting burial records, Cemetery Inspections.
· Allotment management – Completing and inputting Allotment records, Allotment Inspections, liaison with tenants.
· Such other duties appropriate to the responsibility of the post as required from time to time by the Clerk.
· To undertake such duties of a comparable nature and level of responsibility as may be required from time to time by the Clerk.
· To comply with the Council’s policies and procedures.
· To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
Skills, knowledge, and experience required:
· Administration experience (Minimum 3 years)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Experience of maintaining computer-based system and manual record systems
· Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
· To work quickly and accurately to deadlines, meeting priorities
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to adapt to a variety of tasks.
· Flexibility to attend meetings and events in early evening when deemed necessary.
· Good Knowledge of Maths and English
· Full UK driving licence (essential)
· Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
· GCSE or equivalent
Fakenham Town Council offer;
· A competitive salary of between £22,369 to £24,496 depending upon relevant experience against the current pay scale.
· Free on-site Parking
· Flexible working arrangements.
· 23 Days Annual Leave, plus 3 concessionary days and bank holidays per year.
· Pension Scheme
· Training and Support as required for the role.
Applications to be submitted to;
or by post addressed to;
Fakenham Town Council